Bot report mail for every row how to stop this

I created a BOT, schedule event for an specifica hour every day.

If I cheched ForEachRowInTable It sends one mail for every row and I just need one report according to a template.

If I do not check ForEachRowInTable then I get the error that the Event and the task are not compatible.

Help with this

Solved Solved
0 3 184
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @jujogar10

You need to set a โ€œNoneโ€ table to your process and event.
Untick โ€œfor each rowโ€ option in the Event.
And change your template in order to run on the whole table.

You may want to use an expression in your template like this:
<<Start:FILTER("YourTable", yourConditionExpression)>> <<[column1]>> <<[column2]>> <<End>>

If thatโ€™s not clear, please share screenshot of your bot configuration and template, that may help into guiding you on the right track.

For reference:
Section " Select Expression"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @jujogar10

You need to set a โ€œNoneโ€ table to your process and event.
Untick โ€œfor each rowโ€ option in the Event.
And change your template in order to run on the whole table.

You may want to use an expression in your template like this:
<<Start:FILTER("YourTable", yourConditionExpression)>> <<[column1]>> <<[column2]>> <<End>>

If thatโ€™s not clear, please share screenshot of your bot configuration and template, that may help into guiding you on the right track.

For reference:
Section " Select Expression"

Very clear and now the report itยดs OK, but my next step is to flag the records sent in the report. For what I understand I need to make another bot to make the data change since with this event I cannot use processes that affects data. Is this the right approach?

Hi @jujogar10

Happy to hear you succeeded.
About that:

That makes sense indeed, although there might be various way to proceed, as often

In this case, I would fire this second bot first, and wirte down a timestamp that will then be a part of the condition for your first bot, if you get what I mean. Something like
DATE([TimeStampTrigger])=TODAY()

Top Labels in this Space