Bot to Convert JPG to PDF and save to file location or email

Hi, I have an app that is updated with photo’s JPG - I want to create a Bot that automatically saves them to a file location as a PDF and/or email them as a PDF. I am currently converting them from the data files but hoping to automate this task.

0 11 1,421
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @LisaBKiwi
Have you tried making a bot to do this?

Yes I have tried, I cant work out how to do it - that is my question

@LisaBKiwi
Sorry I cannot help with new Bots. All my attempts have been disastrous. The old Workflows and reports were easy.

Hi,

Are you still stuck ?
Do you use Google Ecosystem as your app source ? [ Google Drive, Google Sheet ]

Do you know how to create a word template ?
Do you know what you want as a trigger to run your bot? [ new row added, records update, Etc… ]

Bots are nearly as the same as the old workflow

Hi Jeremie
Yes still stuck
I am using Excel but would change to Google Sheets if that is recommended
Yes I have done some word templates
I am using Bots for data changes etc and am getting quite good at them.
The issue I am struggling with: App users add photos to the app (before and after job photos and also job sheet photos) I need to attach these photos in PDF format to the accounting package when invoicing. I could add a Bot to trigger when the photo’s are added but I don’t know the steps to convert JPG (photo) to PDF? and then save them to a folder (or another field if required) or email them. Its the converting of JPG to PDF that I just cant work out
Thank you

As far as I know you can’t change an image to a pdf file using the platform.
What you could do is to add the image inside a pdf from word/docs/html/etc template.
Check this

Thank you - very helpful

Ok, so you know the basic to make it happen.
You can’t direclty convert image to pdf but As @SkrOYC just said. [ He sends you usefull link ]

The “trick” is to make an word template that will insert your image’s into a document then attach and archive a pdf output. [ making a full screen image layout can be tricky ]

Bellow how to configure the task. ( if you can see it )
If you are still stuck i will create an AppDemo

Yahoo!!! Thank you so much - this worked perfectly! Much appreciated

Yahoo!!! Thank you so much - this worked perfectly! Much appreciated

I’m glad you succeed and learned a new trick.

Top Labels in this Space