Broadcast Notification Deep Link Bug

Deep link expressions entered into Broadcast Notification tab in Users do not save.

My process to send push notifications with a deep link:

1. Enter in a title and body in the fields under Broadcast Notifications

2. Enter the deep link expression (the expression shown was one I used recently that didnโ€™t go to the view specified or force a sync when clicked) and click save

3. Click send notification (the deep link expression didnโ€™t show up after pressing save on the deep link pop up in step 2)

Further context: My app is one that is available in the app stores and is under a Publisher Pro license.

4 8 643
8 REPLIES 8

I have tested and also see this problem happening.

Me too, I just raised the identical issue on the community.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I raised this issue internally on May 4 in response to this post. I encourage those affected to contact support@appsheet.com so thereโ€™s a formal record of your concern.

It's beeen almost six month. I have the same problem. Any solution?

Also when you try with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, the filter expression is not valid. Columns are not allowed.

Does anyone know whether this was ever resolved? Today, I encountered and posted about a similar issue, which I assumed was related to the introduction of the improved Expression Assistant. I wonder whether it's actually a longstanding, neglected issue.

@yastaaa wrote:

when you try with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, the filter expression is not valid

Or, maybe some combination? When I encountered problems today, I was using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW. The expression validated; so, potentially the change with the new expression editor is that it doesn't flag that this function is for some reason not supported in this property?

And, further, I now observed that including LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW in the Deep Link property seemingly prevents the notification from actually being broadcast. When I include that function and then select "Send notification", I receive the standard message saying "Your notification has been sent"; however, the notification is not actually sent (or, at least, not received by users). I tried instead a deep link expression using LINKTOVIEW and the notification was broadcast successfully.

@lizlynch, there's a need to either improve the Broadcast notifications to your users - AppSheet Help article to detail relevant constraints or, if this is a bug, get the functionality fixed.

More oddities.

I attempted another broadcast notification--this time using the LINKTOROW function in the Deep Link property's expression. When I tried to send, I received simultaneously both a success message and an error message. The notification did not actually send.

dbaum_0-1687038938199.png

I then revised the deep link to again use just the LINKTOVIEW function and tried again. This time the notification was broadcast. Nonetheless both the success and error messages still appeared.

dbaum_1-1687039165488.png

Thanks for filing this. There appear to be a multitude of bugs in this area:
- Expression Assistant losing Expression
- Incorrect status
- LinkToFilteredView() and LinkToRow() bugs
- Showing multiple statuses (likely the result of the previous iteration, reload as a temporary workaround)

I have filed bugs on the engineering side and hopefully we can get some of these fixed shortly

Top Labels in this Space