Broken scroll

Hi Appsheet,

The vertical scroll bar doesn’t let me stop in the middle. It automatically brings me at the bottom so I can’t make edit to fields located in the middle of the form.

I am using Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build)

Thanks!

I’m unable to reproduce this. Anyone else having this problem?

I never knew that vertical scroll bar was there. :joy: Yes, mine jumps to the bottom on large tables. Same as another post where scrolling down has the same effect. Mac. Chrome. 59 columns in the table that I have issues with. Started happening past day or two.

1 Like

It seems to work up until the 20s then jumps to the end which is 59 for me. I wish the scroll bar would always be on screen, it seems to disappear even as I’m pulling it down and I have to scroll up and work to get it to appear again. Very unstable. That is why I probably didn’t notice it before. I was looking on the left side and even if I had looked on the right, it’s a here and gone again feature.

2 Likes

Hi Steve, did your table contain more than 50 columns? I can’t imagine it matters but I have around 20 non-virtual fields and 30 virtual fields. I can’t access the fields ~30 to 40 as the scroll automatically go at the bottom.
I also cleared my cache and still have the same behavior.

In this gif, I hold the mouse on the scroll bar to place it in on field #20 but it automatically scrolls all the way down which make it impossible for me to make edits on some fields!

1 Like

I have the same thing, never noticed this before.This is a single tick on my scroll wheel and its jumping from column 25-45

I can also re-create it on a 24 column table but only in the down scroll not in scrolling up.

1 Like

I am forced to create dummy virtual records so I can scroll to the fields I want… this is a nightmare.

Hi Alex,

We were able to reproduce and find the bug, which was introduced by one of our recent changes – the fix will be in production with our next rollout shortly. Apologies for the poor experience this has caused you and other customers.

Thank you for reporting this,
Maria

4 Likes

Perfect. Thank you!

@teambelair the fix has been deployed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. It is working for me. 59 columns.

2 Likes

Can confirm as well.

3 Likes