Bug? after saving a form, cant see rows in the slice

Hi, I am having a big trouble with an app that i have been ussing for months in my phone… After saving a form, The VIEW of the app (that should show the row saved and all the previous ones) stop showing anything, just shows some random ones.
The data are saved in the database, but I have to force close appsheets and open it again.
The question is that it doesn´t happen in the computer, just in the phones I tried.
Any ideas? As I said, I have been using this app for like two years, aprox.

Solved Solved
2 27 706
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning everyone. We deployed the fix about six hours ago. You probably need to open another app or make a force stop to have that update.

And again, sorry for the disruption this caused.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

I tried installing an older apk and the problem is still there.
I also tried with a factory reseted phone, and the problem remains.
In the computer, the app works perfectly…

@racatapum Are you using slice or security filter that would filter the data in your mobile device? Any issues with the key values?

Hi! Thank you for your answer. The view is defined by a slice, but it works fine until I create a new entry and save it. Then the view stops working, showing just a few of the previous entries.
No security filters were applied.

@Aleksi @racatapum Is this still happening? I just saved some data on my phone and had the same thing happen. I will check on my computer when I get home.

When I closed the app and opened it again the data was back again.
But when I added another row it dissapeared again leaving only the 2 same bottom rows.

@Lynn I was able to see the same behavior with my test app. After the new value was added, and I have like 100 records on that table/view, it showed just two of them. Closing the app doesn’t help… I need to make a force stop. What device and Appsheet app version did you use? The browser is working just fine, correct?

Hi @Aleksi
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
Appsheet version is 1.1000169
Yes, Browser seems to be working fine.

Im having same problem. Occurring after edit a record. So return to main view and only that record just edited is appearing. Having to close and reopen app each time to see all records?

Wow! I see it is not just me… the problem reffered by @Lynn or @Darren_Hughes is exactly the problem I have. I gess it might be some kind of bug. In fact, is a problem that came out of nowhere. I will try today building a new view just to check it, but I do not expect that it get solved this way…

Btw, I tried it in a redmi 8, redmi 9, and a poco F2 phone.

Hopefully @Aleksi will be able to get it sorted for us. @racatapum , @Darren_Hughes

Hello all. We have identified the issue for some users and investigating what the main reason is. We have some ideas where the issue is coming from and we try to have a fix for it when we next deploy. When you are on that view, one workaround is to use search and then cancel it. Though that doesn’t solve it totally, but it helps to see all records again.

Sorry for the disruption this is causing.

Yes, This workaround works, Thanks!
Is not the solution but at least I do not need to force stop and go in again to see all the records again.

Thank you for your help, @Aleksi . This workaround is really useful!

Hi @Aleksi, Can we have an update please on fixing this issue? Thanks, Stephen

@stephen_silk I will update this post when the fix is deployed.

@Aleksi I can update you, my client is reporting that the problem has, apparently, been fixed. Hope this helps. Stephen

@stephen_silk I’m afraid but the fix is not yet deployed. The issue is not permanent and your client will probably see the same behavior after some time.

Hello, I passed by to add that I am having the same issue and actually it includes also some lagging after pressing buttons and changing views in my apps used from phone. Apps get stuck and only solution is to close Appsheet and initialize the apps again.

Hope this can be easily and promptly solved, user interaction with the apps became clumsy.

Similar issue here. Some information that might confuse or help:
o Issue confirmed on Android. No word on IOS yet.
o View is of a slice.
o Slice includes both USERSETTINGS and two virtual columns:
AND(
[VNA DRIVER] = USERSETTINGS(USER),
[VNA DRIVER NEEDED])
o View has a custom list of columns that does NOT include the virtual columns
o View populates correctly before any edits.
o When edited, the edited row should disappear from the list.
o When edited and saved, all other rows disappear - they should not.
o If AppSheet is closed, restarted and synced, the view is once again correct.

Yes this sounds to be related.

Hello, I am having the same issue. As soon as I go into edit something and put the cursor on a field and then save or cancel the edition I wont be able to see all my rows. If I go in to edit something and I cancel the edition before put the cursor on a field the issue does not happen and I am able to see all the rows.

Good morning everyone. We deployed the fix about six hours ago. You probably need to open another app or make a force stop to have that update.

And again, sorry for the disruption this caused.

“All’s well That ends well!” Thank you for the fix!

Thanks @Aleksi
But zi ca t get into my apps as Android keeps crashing

Thanks for the fix. It is working well now!

Thanks @Aleksi
All working good now.

Top Labels in this Space