BUG? - Default App Folder

Alright, what am I doing wrong, or is this actually a bug?

0 10 395
10 REPLIES 10

Try

/SG_APPLICATIONS/APPDATA

Let me know if it works

Really appreciate you taking a look.
That did NOT fix itโ€ฆ

Try deleting all your existing folders where it is currently dumping it and also remove from trash and try again.

Support got back with me. They were able to reproduce it, and are going to work on fixing the bug. (I still might try to correct it myself by โ€œresettingโ€ everythingโ€ฆ)

Glad to hear. Could you post what it was exactly when its working properly?

I will.

@Steve_Howard this is the community post for this.
After you find a fix, if you could post here that would be cool to.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

So, the bad news is that this fieldโ€™s use is a lot more limited than its name would imply. This field specifies where images get stored when the data source canโ€™t store it (e.g. SQL).

I donโ€™t know if this can help you accomplish exactly what you want, but you can set a new root folder on the Account Settings page, which will apply to newly created apps.

Hi @Grant_Stead,
The โ€œapp folderโ€ is a folder that is created for every app โ€œin caseโ€ something needs to be stored along with the app (in your use case, all the Google sheets, etc). It does not have direct relationship with where the captured images are stored.

For table named โ€œMyTableโ€ with a Image column, which is created from a Google sheet say โ€œMySheetโ€, all the captured images will be stored in a subfolder that is in the same folder as where โ€œMySheetโ€ is located. By default the name of the image subfolder is โ€œMyTable_Imagesโ€, but you can change the name of this subfolder by going to

1. โ€œDataโ€->โ€œColumnsโ€, find the Image Column and click edit
  2. Find โ€œImage/File folder pathโ€ under โ€œType Detailsโ€ and type in the subfolder name of your choice
    This is explained and documented here if you are interested โ€“ https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961589-capturing-images

And for your use case of creating a โ€œrootโ€ folder for your images used by different apps, you can place the Google sheet (currently in โ€œSG_APPLICATIONS/REQUIREDโ€) that you are going to use to create the โ€œSETUPโ€ table in the โ€œSG_APPLICATIONS/APPDATAโ€ folder. That way since the Google sheet is in the โ€œAPPDATAโ€ folder, the images will automatically go to โ€œSETUP_Imagesโ€ subfolder under โ€œAPPDATAโ€ as well. Or you can change the subfolder name using the method I show above.

Thanks!

Thanks, iโ€™ll take a look!

Top Labels in this Space