BUG: Filter Expression Does Not Show Rows

I have a virtual column in Table A that uses FILTER() to display a slice of Table B:

FILTER(
  "Slice of Table B", 
   IN( [_THISROW].[Table A Row Key], [List of Table A Row Keys] )
)

Each row of Table B has a column with a list of Table A row keys (a List of Refs with Table A as the base table). When I use the expression above, the resultant table shows the correct number of rows, but the Table View does not show the rows. This happens both in the inline table and in the dedicated Table view.

When I wrap the IN() expression in an AND() i.e. AND( IN(), TRUE ) it suddenly works as expected and displays the rows:

FILTER(
  "Slice of Table B", 
   AND( IN( [_THISROW].[Table A Row Key], [List of Table A Row Keys] ), TRUE)
)

I should also note that replacing the IN() with something else (e.g. TRUE) or another expression also displays the rows.

Solved Solved
0 6 250
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry your experience with support has been so discouraging. I was able to reproduce the problem with this kind of expression and I see whatโ€™s going wrong, so I think we should be able to get a fix out within a few days.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Looks like a bug to me! Please report it to Support.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

@Steve youโ€™re amazing and I love all of the gracious help and support you offer the community here. Iโ€™m happy to report bugs here because it only takes a couple of minutes of my time and brings them to the attention of other users who may think theyโ€™re doing something wrong. Unfortunately, my experience with reporting bugs via Support has been so time-consuming and fruitless that Iโ€™ve long since given up on it.

If someone else wants to take the time to report this bug to Support, please do.

Sorry your experience with support has been so discouraging. I was able to reproduce the problem with this kind of expression and I see whatโ€™s going wrong, so I think we should be able to get a fix out within a few days.

@Adam Iโ€™m seeing this behaviour as of this afternoon on a clients enterprise account on a simple IN() expression; it was working fine up until seemingly the last ~2 hours?

@Jonathon can you send me more details about the specific expression and column types involved? And does the number of rows indicated above the empty view show the correct/expected value?

Never did get a chance to respond to you Adam - my apologies.

It does appear this bug was corrected as per the latest release notes:

Top Labels in this Space