Bug/Issue with Ref column and Blank

I have rows that have null for their value in our database. In appsheet these columns are references. They are grabbing the reference row’s label that is for 0 even though they are blank. 1. this cause the above visual issue where its displaying a value when there is nothing there 2. I think it’s affecting an action I have but I’m not 100% on that might just be a normal mistake in the code so ignoring that for now.
(I cut it on in the image but the Financial Assigner columns are the Account Owner and ELT Owner columns)

That’s new

1 Like

The Financial Assigner has a key of 0 so I’m assuming that is the cause of my pains. These ref columns are new and this table has never been displayed as anything more than a label in a dropdown anyway.

Hmmm… :thinking: seems the system is thinking that “null = 0”

This is actually a problem the system has had over and over (one of the rare issues that seems to vacillate between being fixed and being broken again).

I would reach out to support@appsheet.com about this.

@praveen

I understand the null=0 being an issue but my coding brain was like they are the start so they start at 0 :weary: and we are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to far into this app to change that value. It’s about its first released from beta birthday in a couple weeks.

Never such a situation, it just may seem that way. :slight_smile:

Never underestimate the power of “Find & Replace All”

As someone that’s made a living of coming in at the 11th hour and fixing/upgrading people’s AppSheet apps, this sort of “data sanitization” is something I’ve had to do many times. (It’s part of the job.)
And while it can really be a pain, ultimately letting the problem go and grow will only make things worse later on.

2 Likes

It goes across like 10 tables and I haven’t set up proper Foreign Key relationships and conditions on any of them. I figured out where my #2 bug was coming from so its only visual and 2 people see it so I don’t wanna mess with a yr of financial activity and report logs.

1 Like

I could set up a dummy user and assign the default to that instead of null! I still think support should look into this as its a really stupid issue.

1 Like

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:partyparrot (Appsheet)

1 Like