Bug/Issue with Ref column and Blank

3X_a_b_ab86b88295764b3049a845b3dd8b0c3369a88bb4.png

I have rows that have null for their value in our database. In appsheet these columns are references. They are grabbing the reference row’s label that is for 0 even though they are blank. 1. this cause the above visual issue where its displaying a value when there is nothing there 2. I think it’s affecting an action I have but I’m not 100% on that might just be a normal mistake in the code so ignoring that for now.
(I cut it on in the image but the Financial Assigner columns are the Account Owner and ELT Owner columns)

0 9 520
9 REPLIES 9

That’s new

The Financial Assigner has a key of 0 so I’m assuming that is the cause of my pains. These ref columns are new and this table has never been displayed as anything more than a label in a dropdown anyway.

Hmmm… seems the system is thinking that “null = 0”

This is actually a problem the system has had over and over (one of the rare issues that seems to vacillate between being fixed and being broken again).

I would reach out to support@appsheet.com about this.

@praveen

I understand the null=0 being an issue but my coding brain was like they are the start so they start at 0 and we are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to far into this app to change that value. It’s about its first released from beta birthday in a couple weeks.

Never such a situation, it just may seem that way.

Never underestimate the power of “Find & Replace All”

As someone that’s made a living of coming in at the 11th hour and fixing/upgrading people’s AppSheet apps, this sort of “data sanitization” is something I’ve had to do many times. (It’s part of the job.)
And while it can really be a pain, ultimately letting the problem go and grow will only make things worse later on.

It goes across like 10 tables and I haven’t set up proper Foreign Key relationships and conditions on any of them. I figured out where my #2 bug was coming from so its only visual and 2 people see it so I don’t wanna mess with a yr of financial activity and report logs.
3X_8_9_892511cd48c144a866b13fcf946d3aadb6adaaaf.png

3X_8_e_8ee60895bb12db95c57325434231da417bf0195f.png

3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

I could set up a dummy user and assign the default to that instead of null! I still think support should look into this as its a really stupid issue.

Top Labels in this Space