Bug? mobile & full screen preview is wrong, and different from mobile & table preview

Mobile preview - as expected

Tablet preview - as expected

Full Screen preview - Huh? This is an old version of a different view

0 7 361
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @dkoosis, have you tried updating the full screen preview?

Thanks for the input!

Does the Full Screen preview work different from Mobile and Tablet preview?
Is there a specific action I need to take to update?

Well, in my experience the mobile and tablet preview always update when you save a change done to the app, but the full screen preview wonโ€™t update on open if you donโ€™t have that option turned on in your configuration, so itโ€™s possible you have that setting off, opened the desktop preview and are seeing an old version of your app that is cached to your browser.

With update i just mean refreshing the app with the circular arrow button that sits in the top right corner of the screen.

Favorite word for why the previews mess up โ€œcachingโ€. never trust anything. always test incognito.

Ahhh! that sounds very reasonable. Iโ€™ll check it out in a bit.

Yes. Of course it was a caching issue. Duh.
Iโ€™m not sure exactly what, because I had turned off all the caching toggles and rebuilt the app. Even regenerated some tables. Butโ€ฆ I cycled it again and all was correct.
I feared it was a versioning issue.

The caching is a google chrome/browser level caching issue not the apps/appsheet caching. It occurs with images for us on a daily basis for more than a year now and no hope for a solution really. For app version looking issues most likely try manually syncing the app and then click to a different view. I have found that I can change like grouping/column orders and even after a full sync it does not change but if I leave the view and come back then the changes will appear.

Top Labels in this Space