Bug or normal behavior?

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Hello Guys,

Need your expert opinion on this,

Here the deal,

I have a Table lets call it table A as well as a Table b

I have an action that Executes multiple actions.

Action 1
I have an action Called Start, when this is pressed it generated a unique id in one of the columns in table A

Action 2
This action open a form in Table B and prefils a column with the unique ID i generated in Table A

The problem is this, sometimes the key column gets filled into the table, sometimes it doesnโ€™t. If I desperate the actions and run them very quick, it seems to not work, if I wait a few seconds it does work. How can I get around this? Or is this a bug?

The App Actually needs to fully sync before this ID is copied to the formโ€ฆ??

Edit,
Evan if it is a date column, app needs to fully sync before recognizing this, any type of column.

Solved Solved
0 8 440
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Iโ€™ve figured out a workaround where I have just created a behind the scenes reference, and this works instantly, but is this normal that one would need to do this?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Iโ€™ve figured out a workaround where I have just created a behind the scenes reference, and this works instantly, but is this normal that one would need to do this?

It seems the discussion in this thread is identifying the same behavior?

Yes I Think your right, annoying took me a while but its working fantastic now.

Hey Jonathan,

Did you find a way to workaround that one please ???

I am facing the same issue .

Best regards,
Arnaud

No, I Wish it was. Iโ€™ve told my Users to just press yes because its a completely pointless warning. Saying that data may be lost after it has already synced? Iโ€™m hoping App-sheet will fix this soon. Not normal behavior and should not be happening. I myself believe this is a bug. They are not checking if app has synced before they display warning.

Hi Jonathan, I could fix the issue yesterday, I was using a LINKTOFORM instead of a LINKTOROW. My badโ€ฆ Donโ€™t know if it can help, maybe!

Best regards,
Arnaud

What post are you referring too?

THTH1
Participant III

Here we go !

Top Labels in this Space