Bug - second action in grouped action fails when row is being deleted

I have a data change action that is triggering a grouped action when a row is deleted from a table. However, only the first action (which copies data from the row being deleted to another table) works - all subsequent actions which occur in the other table fail with the following error message :

โ€œErrorsโ€: "Error: Failed to perform โ€˜Groupedโ€™ action โ€˜UGDelRowActionโ€™ child action โ€˜UGDRA2 (Identify Row in Users and trigger action sequence)โ€™ due to error: Error: Failed to perform โ€˜Groupedโ€™ action โ€˜UserUGDelActionโ€™ child action โ€˜UUGRDA1 (Set UseremailforAPP in CM)โ€™ due to error: Error: โ€˜Action on a set of rowsโ€™ โ€˜UUGRDA1 (Set UseremailforAPP in CM)โ€™ for table 'Users failed with exception Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: source \nError: โ€˜Action on a set of rowsโ€™ โ€˜UGDRA2 (Identify Row in Users and trigger action sequence)โ€™ for table 'UserGroup failed with exception Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: source ",

The second action needs to be executed in the context of the other table but as the row is deleted, it has no idea which rows that action should run for. I believe that the row data should be available for ALL actions in the grouped action, not just the first.

I will send this to support but just posting here for other users likely to hit the same issue.

0 8 426
8 REPLIES 8

LeventK
Participant V

Jay, is it against the nature of the app if you change the order of those actions, and execute the actions which needs data from the rows that shall be deleted and then remove those rows as the last action?

Leo, the workflow triggers the grouped action when the user deletes the row - I donโ€™t explicitly delete the row by an action. What I am seeing is that the data for the row is not available for the entire set of actions in the group.

Jay, so the data have already been removed before the action is triggered therefore by-nature I donโ€™t expect that the action can read data that is non-existent in the back-end.

The data is not removed until AFTER the first action is run as I am able to copy the values from the row being deleted in that first action. By the time it gets to the second action, it seems to be non-existent.

Jay, do apologize but Iโ€™m a bit confusedโ€ฆIn your previous post you had said:

Are you removing the row with an action? OR the action is triggered when the user deletes a row?

The user confirms to delete the row which triggers the data change workflow for DELETE which triggers the grouped action.

Is that first Action in the group related to the remaining Actions? If not really, then segregate into 2 Workflows.

I didnโ€™t want to do that but yes, that is an option. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space