Bug with Save & Verify? If I change the name...

Bug with Save & Verify?

If I change the name of a column without updating the name in an emailed attachment template where that column is referenced, and then run Save & Verify, I get an error that the template is using an invalid column name. Which is great, since I can go in and fix it.

But then when I fix the error inside the (Google) template, I donโ€™t get the Save & Verify button back, so the only way I can get the app to build is to fake a change in a random table column.The Save & Verify button then pops up and we can all move on.

Bug? Or am I missing something?

0 4 407
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, sometimes I fake verify tooโ€ฆ And we all know it, and move onโ€ฆ LOL

Sort of a bug โ€” or rather a wart in the way the system works. The template is external to AppSheet, so it isnโ€™t actually a change in the editor itself. We debated having a permanent โ€œVerifyโ€ button but then decided that it would just add more surface area. So weโ€™ve had the current behavior for a while and as Grant says, people figure it out and move ahead.

@Grant_Stead @praveen thanks guys! Yes, I figured it out too, as I said. Just wanted to make sure I wasnโ€™t missing anything. Cheers.

@praveen I wonder if you could treat it like a regenerateโ€ฆ Everyone figures that or pretty fast, and itโ€™s a similar concept, thatโ€™s the link between appsheet and an outside sourceโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space