Button to Run a Task

How do I add a button on a UX Detail to run a Process for that record?

0 5 1,085
5 REPLIES 5

You can create a data change event (update) which will trigger a process that you like to run.

So create a stub column say โ€œRefreshโ€ (usually a number column). Then create an action that will just do [Refresh] = [Refresh] + 1. That action (a UX Button) will trigger the data change event which will in turn trigger the process.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To clarify @Steven_Aungโ€™s suggestion, itโ€™s not possible to directly invoke any Automation component from a button the user taps. Instead, the button will have to make a change to a row, that row change must be synced to the server, and Automation must be watching for and react to that row change.

Recategorized this post as #appsheet-automation.

@Steve @Steven_Aung Ok got it. Thanks guys.

This particular discussion helped me link a button to generate pdf, which I couldn't figure out.

Created a Enum Column by name "GENERATE PDF" which isn't displayed anywhere. Wrote 2 separate actions, one to change value to "YES",  other to change the value to "NO", created a 3rd action which is a grouped action - this grouped action runs "YES" action first and then the "NO" action. Only this grouped action is set to display, whereas the other two actions are hidden.

I have a bot running looking for changes with condition that "GENERATE PDF" is "YES". With this I can ensure any edits to will not trigger the bot to generate pdf.

Thank you everyone!

Hi

I have followed this guide to create a trigger in a column which changes a column value for the record. However, I want an action button that would be overlay, or not a row level action button

I do not want the email button to be here

Paras_Sood_0-1661403180348.png

I want the button to be just one button for the entire table

Paras_Sood_1-1661403254690.png

I have created a new column "Email" and an action for setting values of this row as Y when executed. I have another action that would set the value back to "N" once executed and grouped these actions together. This results in the action showing in the detail view rather than the entire table.

I tried to create another pair of actions using "Execute an action on a sequence of rows" and referenced the action that I created in the previous step to execute on all the records of the table, essentially first change them to Y and then to N. However, this also does not change the layout of the button. Any other ideas?

Top Labels in this Space