Buttons in Details View

tvinci

These buttons are not changing values like they’re supposed to. What did I do wrong? Thank you.

0 12 1,031
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, can you give us an example of the type of value change you want to see? Are you trying to hide/show some of the action buttons?

When the action buttons are pressed, I want them to change the value of the “Products” column.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot (or shots) of the entire action configuration attached to one of those buttons that doesn’t work as desired.

Making sure all the “ingredients” are in place before we check expressions:

1, The action you created
2. The action is set as "set the value of some columns in this row
3. A constant value or a formula per column

It seems the formula you have in your screenshot is a SELECT expression which produces a list of items (even if the list is of 1 item) It may be possible that there’s a conflict between the result of the formula and the value you want. Can you click in TEST in the Expression builder and see what type of result you would get?. Alternatively, Can you wrap that whole SELECT expression with ANY(…) That way, only one value of the list would be selected, just to test if that would actually produce a value.

I checked the ingredients. For number 2 specifically,

I have “Do This” configured to “Data: Execute an action on a set of rows” because I want the buttons to appear in the RoutesV7 table but affect the ClipboardsV6 table.

So each button has a corresponding action with the expression in my first post.
2X_f_f0ec042a512d5c9649e9c4ab1a16db70f04e3c7d.png

2X_1_1910e8fe954bc2d9998e6f65ae945359b7d89d0d.png

Do either of your actions have anything for Only if this condition is true?

I thought about this and removed that condition for all of the actions, but it didn’t make a difference.

I’ve encountered problems before when an action of type Data: set the values of some columns in this row tries to set column to the same value it already has. That would silently fail, causing the entire set of actions to fail. Perhaps that’s happening here? If possible, you could try to fix it one of two ways:

1. In the Palm Beach PM action, adjust the Referenced Rows expression so that it only gets rows with Products column values that would change.

OR

2. In the Set Palm Beach PM action, use the Only if this condition is true to act only on rows with a Product column value that would change.

OR

3. Worst case, add another action that clears he current Product column value, then set the column.

I thought I was accomplishing this with my SELECT() statement. Is my SELECT() statement wrong?

Thank you @Steve

The only SELECT() expression I see is the one to set the values of the Products column. Is that what you’re referring to?

Yes

I’m referring to this:
2X_1_19bf4276fad90552f978b211751dcea19898c84a.png

Can you make it more specific?

Top Labels in this Space