Calculate Duration Between Timestamps

tvinci

I have a list of stops with timestamps in my app.

I want to calculate the duration of time between the CURRENT stop and the stop RIGHT BEFORE IT.

In my futile attempts to accomplish this I have created a list of relevant timestamps:

Now I want to say, take the current timestamp and calculate the span of time between it and the timestamp right before it.

So if this was a programming language I would start at index 1 instead of index 0 and subtract every timestamp from the timestamp right before it. But as far as I know for loops are not implemented in AppSheet.

How should I go about this? Iโ€™ve been struggling with it for a few days.

Thanks AppSheet!

0 9 710
9 REPLIES 9

Rather than working with lists, it would be better to use a VC to compute durations between successive stops. Then, you can construct a list of durations in preferred order if you need to.

I have tried what youโ€™re saying by writing expressions using [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] and it did not work.

Can you post your formula?

Assuming you have separate rows for Timestamp, duration for a row needs to be calculated as the difference between current stopand previous stop (except for stop1 which would be 0)

The column headers are missing so Iโ€™m not sure what the values are. Why are you using _THISROW_BEFORE? If you need to calculate the duration between consecutive stops you would need to do something like:

[Timestamp]-ANY(SELECT(StopsTable[Timestamp],[Stopnum]=[_THISROW].[Stopnum]-1))

Thank you! What do you mean by stopNum? Here are my column names:

I fixed it! Thank you

Top Labels in this Space