Calculate meter reading difference between 2 different row entry

I wanted to calculate the water consumption between todays meeting reading vs yesterday meter reading in a virtual column. How do I do that? I am not sure on the argument to use .

0 7 518
7 REPLIES 7

[Todayโ€™s reading] / [Yesterdayโ€™s reading] gives a math comparison in percentage basically. If the value is greater than 1, then todayโ€™s consumption is higher than yesterdayโ€™s, if itโ€™s smaller than 1, then todayโ€™s consumption is lesser than yesterdayโ€™s

Hi,
I am not able to figure out the formula to use as the value comes from 2 different rows for the same column as they are entered in different dates. In excel i or google sheet it will be easy but in appsheet I am, not sure.

Can you elaborate and take a screenshot? We couldnโ€™t be able to understand your issue.

Hi,
Sorry, I will try to elaborate further.See attached screenshot. What I was trying to do is calculate the difference between a totaliser reading. In this case, its for water and electrical consumption over 24 hrs. Thus I need to find the difference between values of power meter between 2 different dates. For example on 13 th Aug the reading for power was 81828 and 12 Aug was 81203. Therefore the power consumption between these 2 days was 8128-81203=25.

@Iwatani.Pioneer
Assuming that you are trying to read the meter values from 1 day earlier, try with this:

[Water Meter] - ANY(SELECT(TableName[Water Meter],DATE([Date])=DATE([_THISROW].[Date])-1))

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information and help.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Top Labels in this Space