Calculation Formulas in Appsheet or Google Sheets

Hello,

I am currently building an extension to my project management app to handle estimating. This app will handles numerous calculations of numbers throughout the app.

My question, am I better to put these calculations into appsheet as a formula, or am I better to put these formulas into Google Sheets for everything to be calulated on the back end?

I suppose looking forward, if I were to ever move my Google Sheets to a SQL Database (not sure if this would have any benefit) I may be better off having the calculation formulas in Appsheet itself.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 1 355
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It depends. Generally speaking, the app userโ€™s experience will be better if the app does the computation. That said, a spreadsheet is capable of much more complex calculations. There are situations (on a case-by-case basis) where doing the work in the spreadsheet is better.

True, unless you are or have access to an SQL expert. Still, the app userโ€™s experience is likely to be better if the app itself does the work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It depends. Generally speaking, the app userโ€™s experience will be better if the app does the computation. That said, a spreadsheet is capable of much more complex calculations. There are situations (on a case-by-case basis) where doing the work in the spreadsheet is better.

True, unless you are or have access to an SQL expert. Still, the app userโ€™s experience is likely to be better if the app itself does the work.

Top Labels in this Space