Calendar click with appointment template

I’m working on a scheduling app and have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to click/touch a date on the calendar view in order to begin creating an appointment at the specific time that the user clicked/touched?
  2. When creating a new appointment (calendar event) is it possible to use a template with multiple durations?

Question one regarding the click/touch is straight forward, but question two requires some explanation.

I have created a couple of “template” tables for standard appointment types. Some are normal (say a single 30 min block), but some have multiple parts (15 min booked, then 20 min break, then another 15 min booked).

While I have this “table logic” in place, the sticking point is trying to create an appointment with multiple spans from a template. In order to do so, I would seem to need to loop through each appointment span/duration to create the timespans linked to that appointment, but I can’t figure out how to make that happen.

When I create a new appointment, I want to specify the beginning time and the template, then auto generate the rest of the appointment begin/end times based on those two pieces of information.

I have looked into virtual columns which seems promising, but haven’t quite found a solution.

Any help or tips are much appreciated!

0 0 246
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space