Calendar view and Data Tables

Hello,

Is it possible to integrate multiple tables in one Calendar View.
Basically I have a calendar that receives dates and task types from their own respective data tables and I would like to integrate all the rows in 1 Calendar view. Instead having 1 Calendar for each data table.

I thought of building a SQL view with the union of the tables, but this way when I access the tasks in the calendar and enter the detail of the task, I loose the references because Iโ€™m using the view underneath.

Or is it possible to set ref columns to views?

As anyone achieve this functionality (1 Calendar โ€”> Multiple Tables) by other means?

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,
Ricardo

0 3 194
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Participant V

Nope.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.
But, not even in the scenario of creating a SQL View that unions all the tables we want to include in the calendar view and select this view as the source for our calendar?

The only drawback that I could imagine (and itโ€™s really imagining, because I havenโ€™t try thisโ€ฆyet :)) is that we would loose the functionality of the ref columns from the tables sourcing the view.

Just imagining.

Cheers,
Ricardo

I really canโ€™t speak to an SQL-based option, as Iโ€™ve never attempted it. Theoretically, I imagine it could work, but I just donโ€™t have the experience to say or to offer guidance.

Top Labels in this Space