Calendar View - Issue with not spanning across a few days

When a calendar entry is made where the date might start at 1/24/2020 start time 3PM and end on 1/27/2020 End time 4pm - would the calendar not display the entry across those days?

I understand recurring is not currently supported - this is more of an extended calendar entry.

Thoughts?
2X_d_dbaccb49989b34bde6c61c72411bfaf45556fda3.png

0 5 550
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, the calendar does show across several days. I have tested this with both DateTime columns as well as columns where the Date is in one and the Time is in another. In both cases, the calendar showed in the same way.

One oddity - If I entered only the start date and end date (no times) the calendar did not show the schedule ending ON the end date but rather the day before (see the month view below). Once I entered the times then the calendar reflected correctly. A bug?

Week Calendar View - Note that is shows across the top

2X_2_29712481959b6d29f551d88d513118eddfa437a8.png

Month Calendar View

2X_9_906ae7e6f289552400371e94602df9fb5db9dc4a.png

Thanks John, my calendar view does not span across a few days maybe configured incorrectly. Are just the 4 fields required: Start Date Start Time, End Date, End Time? Is there something else I should be setting?

In your scenario, wonder if when times are not entered it assumes a midnight to midnight time frame?

I do believe you need the Description assigned so it knows how to label the schedule item. Category is optional, it controls the varying color.

I think you are correct that time is assumed as Midnight for Date type columns. That is true throughout AppSheet.

For the Calendar, you do not need the Time properties - only the Start Date and End Date. If you use the same date on both, it will assume an all day event.

Does it span days in the week view or day view as well? I have it spanning along the top but wondering if there is a way that lets say the calendar invite starts monday morning but ends thursday afternoon I can schedule something for later thursday afternoon and it show on the calendar nicely.

Make sense?

Yes, makes sense. Many calendars will show multi-day events as a band across the top. Unfortunately, we have no control over that - at least in the AppSheet calendar.

Top Labels in this Space