Can A Form Auto-Populate a Fillable PDF?

When a student enrolls in our program, we need to collect demographic data from them. We then need to enter this data into a fillable PDF. Is there a way to automate this process?

I was able to create a workflow that uses a Google Doc template to automatically generate a PDF with all the necessary information when a student completes the AppSheet form, which is great. But Iโ€™m told we need to provide a PDF that is formatted in a very specific way. Itโ€™s not enough to have all of the right info.

Is there a way I can use a fillable PDF file as a template? AppSheet does let me upload the fillable pdf as the template file. But when it generates the PDF, itโ€™s just the blank copy. Iโ€™m wondering if I can somehow go into the fillable PDF and tell it what columns to pull from.

I was considering just using an image of the fillable form as a background in the Google Doc and trying that. But the form has a lot of checkboxes, and I donโ€™t know how (or if itโ€™s even possible) to tell AppSheet what box to check.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 6 1,929
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Ah. Thatโ€™s too bad. Thank you for the response!

Best option I found is have an app that opens PDFFILLER directly and than the PDFFILLER will send an auto email once form completed

Asa
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Justin_Thurston would you mind sharing your process for creating that workflow that uses the Google Doc template to automatically generate a PDF when user completes the AppSheet form?

Iโ€™m interested in the same result you are (a PDF formatted in a very specific way), and am willing to try creating a template (HTML or Google Doc) with variables that fill in the blanks (with form data and/or check marks), possibly using a background image to achieve the result weโ€™re looking for.

Thanks!

Not gonna work.

Why not use Appsheet to capture the data and then, upon saving, send the filled in PDF documetn via email?

Top Labels in this Space