Can a Ref Column have suggested values so that it is searcheable?

I have 2 tables, Issued Vouchers and Claiming. Under Issued Vouchers I have the columns Reference Number, Name, and Amount. Under the Claiming I have the columns Reference Number, Name, Amount, and Status.

What I was looking for is to have Suggested Values for the Reference Number Field under the Claiming table. Then I use this Reference number as a Ref column to auto populate the other fields like Name and Amount. When I try to put the โ€œIssued Vouchers[Reference Number]โ€ so that when users type a reference number, suggestions will be made to minimize the error a prompt from Appsheet appears which says
โ€œColumn Name โ€˜Reference Numberโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Claiming_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Refโ€™ has invalid โ€˜Suggested Valuesโ€™ of โ€˜=Issued Vouchers[Reference Number]โ€™. The type of the Suggested Values does not match the column type.โ€

0 2 249
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please provide a screenshot of the column configuration screen, and of the complete Suggested values expression you tried, showing the error message.

I had a similar issue and I had to use a VC of type List and put that list for suggested values (i.e., [VALUES_VC]) - and it worked.

I believe this should be filed as a bug. @Steve @Aleksi

Top Labels in this Space