Can a row have two or more different timestamps?

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if its possible to have two different timestamps on a row?
I am trying to update [Pick up time] and [Drop off time] columns based on a Yes/No [PickUpComplete] and [DropOffComplete] Columns.
So everytime the column [PickUpComplete] is set to yes [Pick up time] is updated.

Im using this expression: IF([PickUp Completado]=โ€œYesโ€,timenow(),โ€œ00:00:00โ€)

The problem Im having is that when set to โ€œyesโ€, all timestamps from the row are being updated with now(), not just [PickUpTime].

Any ideas on what could be wrong here?

Thanks!

3X_9_d_9d9a18fea69f86f6c7ecf3955a97bdd667f94c0c.gif
3X_7_1_71913fc1dc1d631594b9a6e5d7c546af2ec250d9.png
3X_c_c_cc407c2ad9a0d231eff493697715f5690dcf7cf2.png

Solved Solved
0 6 330
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Another option which might make more sense would be instead of using quick-edit columns, create Action buttons for checking out and checking in. Each button can be a Grouped action to execute any number of sub-actions, like setting a column to TIMENOW().

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

App Formulas will re-calculate upon every edit to the record.

I suggest you try moving your expressions to Initial Value field, and also adding in a ResetOnEdit expression.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon that would work for a dynamic field or column. Like โ€œLast updatedโ€ or โ€œlast viewโ€.

Im trying to generate actual records for different timestamps โ€œtimenow()โ€, at different moments via QuickEdit.
i.e. Pick up time, and Delivery time.

Each time one of the columns is updated it also updates the other one.

Another option which might make more sense would be instead of using quick-edit columns, create Action buttons for checking out and checking in. Each button can be a Grouped action to execute any number of sub-actions, like setting a column to TIMENOW().

Thank you so much @Marc_Dillon, will try both and update what worked best!

This turned out to be much easier to setup.

Thanks for the tips @Marc_Dillon!
You are very kind!

Top Labels in this Space