Can a support article be created for the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables?

I’m not sure if this should be a Question or a Feature Request. I’ll start as a question, feel free to move as needed.

I was working on some expressions that validate aggregated amounts using pre-calculated values from another table. I was struggling with changes to these Amounts when Editing the row. But then I remembered some Community announcement about enhanced capabilities for the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables.

Unfortuantely, I couldn’t quickly find much in details about the enhancements and there wasn’t any support article that I could see.

I would like to request that a support article be created that describes the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables, where and how they can be used. It might as well also include comparisons with [_THISROW].

@Steve

I vaguely remember these being mentioned these in a help document on worflows. But I’m not sure if this document has been deleted after Bots came out.

1 Like

You are probably looking for something more specific. Below are some relevant posts and article, just in case of any help.

4 Likes

Thanks! This was what I was looking for. However a search from the main support screen of _THISROW_BEFORE or _THISROW_AFTER does not turn up any pages with those included. I guess they have not been indexed? Is that something someone can do to get them added to support Searching?

I would have never thought to look by “Before and After Values”.

Also, I don’t seen any references to capabilities if using these variables within column expressions such as Valid_If. But it seems they are recognized in that context as well. Maybe I just missed the mention about it? Maybe it’s been available all this time and I just didn’t know? (Though I am fairly certain I did try using them in the past and would get errors. I built a whole mechanism to “remember” and apply edited differences)

If not, this needs to be included. It is a major breakthrough in dealing with editing of columns for adjustments of the difference or validation against limits.

2 Likes

:confused:

It is odd, though, that a search for before, after, or before and after produces no results!

2 Likes

Where are you searching from? I normally go to the AppSheet Support page and search from that. See below.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I see. If I click on one of those pages from my screenshot above and use the search bar at the top, then I get the results like you did. I think it even more odd that searching from the “main” screen doesn’t give at least similar results as from one of the pages.

Well, now I know to try 2 places.

1 Like

Best option, start here:

https://www.google.com/search?q="site:appsheet.com"

1 Like