Can a support article be created for the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables?

I’m not sure if this should be a Question or a Feature Request. I’ll start as a question, feel free to move as needed.

I was working on some expressions that validate aggregated amounts using pre-calculated values from another table. I was struggling with changes to these Amounts when Editing the row. But then I remembered some Community announcement about enhanced capabilities for the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables.

Unfortuantely, I couldn’t quickly find much in details about the enhancements and there wasn’t any support article that I could see.

I would like to request that a support article be created that describes the [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] variables, where and how they can be used. It might as well also include comparisons with [_THISROW].

@Steve

1 7 209
7 REPLIES 7

I vaguely remember these being mentioned these in a help document on worflows. But I’m not sure if this document has been deleted after Bots came out.

You are probably looking for something more specific. Below are some relevant posts and article, just in case of any help.

Thanks! This was what I was looking for. However a search from the main support screen of _THISROW_BEFORE or _THISROW_AFTER does not turn up any pages with those included. I guess they have not been indexed? Is that something someone can do to get them added to support Searching?

I would have never thought to look by “Before and After Values”.

Also, I don’t seen any references to capabilities if using these variables within column expressions such as Valid_If. But it seems they are recognized in that context as well. Maybe I just missed the mention about it? Maybe it’s been available all this time and I just didn’t know? (Though I am fairly certain I did try using them in the past and would get errors. I built a whole mechanism to “remember” and apply edited differences)

If not, this needs to be included. It is a major breakthrough in dealing with editing of columns for adjustments of the difference or validation against limits.

It is odd, though, that a search for before, after, or before and after produces no results!

Where are you searching from? I normally go to the AppSheet Support page and search from that. See below.

Ahhh, I see. If I click on one of those pages from my screenshot above and use the search bar at the top, then I get the results like you did. I think it even more odd that searching from the “main” screen doesn’t give at least similar results as from one of the pages.

Well, now I know to try 2 places.

Top Labels in this Space