Can anyone help me with my mapping workflow? ...

Baloo_Soft
Participant I

Can anyone help me with my mapping workflow? I have a form I am filling in with features that a property (house) has. When it comes to the lat long capture it shows a mini map in the form

with my current position (blue dot). This is great, however I would like to be able to either click/switch to a larger map where the user can drag the pin to a more exact location and save. The small map on the form is way too cumbersome for this. Any suggestions?

0 5 423
5 REPLIES 5

Brian_Sabino
Participant III

If you start adding your pin from a map view that will give you a large map.

There isnโ€™t any way currently to expand the small lat / long preview map.

Adding a column to use as a true/false button might be an option, such as โ€œUse my Current Locationโ€. Instead of using โ€œHEREโ€ as an initial value, you could use an IF statement instead (in the initial value field).

Ex.

IF([Use my Current Location]=TRUE,HERE(),"") Youโ€™d also want to pair that with a Showif statement.

I think that might be somewhat of a workaround here.

Baloo_Soft
Participant I

@Jesse_Prud_Homme

Hi Jesse, thanks for the suggestion. I take it this workaround wont take me to a larger map but will only show the small preview map with my current location? I was wondering if I could switch to โ€œfull viewโ€ map, re adjust my pin (to make up for GPS deviation) and save the lat long back to my form.

Baloo_Soft
Participant I

+Brian Sabino Thanks Brian.

Alan_Thorp
Participant IV

Has this been solved yet? I have a similar need to expand the map. I can see this in the sample apps but canโ€™t work out how to achieve it in my own app.

Top Labels in this Space