Can Appsheet automatically create several entries (rows), based on a table relationship?

So I have employees who are attached to a job and department.

So a department may have many jobs and a job many employees (but there is no “IS A PART OF” relationship here, because you may end a department or a job title and the job or the employee will remain (even if they are fired, their register must remain, of course)

And I have trainings. I create REQUISITES for trainings. I can requisite an entire department to do that training.

BUT you don´t train a department, you train the employees inside it. And so the registers must be individual, for each employee.

So… is there any way that I could select two departments as requisites (one with 20 and other with 30 employees) and automatically create one row (in the training session table) for each employee inside those departments, so I can check who did the training, who did not, what rating he got, etc?

At MOST what I can think of so far is showing a list of the employees on each department, and then manually creating a training row for each employee… each row selecting ONE employee from a specific department, with fields to tell if he completed the training, at what date, etc.

But if you have too many employees for a single department… that would be a nuisance, doing it manually, specially if you have several trainings.

0 1 383
1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to create rows automatically without the use of the API.

Top Labels in this Space