Can Appsheet be linked to an Excel sheet in a...

Can Appsheet be linked to an Excel sheet in a shared OneDrive folder instead of my own folder

For some time I have been using Appsheet for my sign installation run and it works faultlessly. It is linked to an Excel spreadsheet in a OneDrive folder I have set up for the business. I have also shared the spreadsheet with my personal OneDrive account and my home PC loads orders into the spreadsheet during the day. That process works well too but because I am loading the data on a synced local version of the spreadsheet I run into repeated sync issues.

As a resolution I tried mapping OneDrive as a network drive on my PC so I could interact directly with the on line version of the spreadsheet but mapping wonโ€™t work because the spreadsheet is in a shared folder.

If I move ownership of the spreadsheet to my personal account and share it with the business OneDrive account, will AppSheet still work with it, or does Appsheet only work with โ€˜ownedโ€™ spreadsheets?

0 3 840
3 REPLIES 3

You should be able to do that if you add that shared folder as an additional data source to your app.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried it but I must be doing something very wrong.

I created a new folder in my personal OneDrive account and gave Edit access to that folder to the OneDrive account I use for business (Not OneDrive for Business). That is the same account I am subscribed to with AppSheet. When I go to OneDrive on the web using that account the newly created shared folder is there in My Files. However when I try to add a spreadsheet I placed in that folder as a datasource in AppSheet, that folder is not there so I canโ€™t connect to it.

Hi Aleksi, thanks for your comment above. Based on lack of further comments I guess this question has reached its limit and there is no solution to this issue - I wonโ€™t be able to work with a shared database in AppSheet and I canโ€™t map a shared database as a network drive.

Am I supposed to mark this question as answered or something?

Top Labels in this Space