Can Appsheets integrate with a Raspberry Pi?

I am curious to know can i build an app to integrate with a raspberry Pi? The Pi is basically a very small computer board. If the Pi has data in it can i connect the Appsheets app to it?

If so - how? and has anyone done this before?

0 8 1,119
8 REPLIES 8

the Pi would be a data source in this scenario (e.g. a server). If you can get postgres installed onto your rasberry, you could then try to connect to it using our cloud database connection support (this is part of a managed business license, by the way). I found this web page on all things related to rasberry and postgres: http://raspberrypg.org/

Iโ€™m fairly certain (but not 100%) that no one has tried this yetโ€ฆ

I have researched this and found that you can add the Google Sheet API using Python code inside your Pi. I just dont know Python code very well, and I am not sure where to put the API. Then it is nothing more than a google spreadsheet. But again- i do not know how to accomplish this.

Is Appsheets going to do more with Iot in the future?

When I remember right, @LeventK was working with iot integration.

I could really utilize AppSheet and Raspberry Pi integration. Any update on this?

@Brady_Lovell
It can be done with Postgres SQL (or Mini MySQL) installed on PI and a Phyton script making a call to , Google Sheet API v4 and AppSheet API. I had done a โ€œSurvillance camโ€ with Raspberry PI 3 B+ board, a night vision enabled cam and it was posting still images every hour to a gSheet with Google Sheets API where I can view the images from my mobile device. As the PI was taking an internal IP address connected to a NAS at my home, there was no external access to the PI module and it worked really fine.

Thank you.

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space