Can Format Rules be used on Onboarding Views

I’ve tried several different attempts but can’t get a simple format rule to work on an Onboarding View.

Can Format Rules work on Onboarding Views?

2 6 373
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately not at this moment.

Thanks for the confirmation. Onboarding views work great for presenting data in parts of my app. I wish they had more of the normal features of other views.

I 2nd this request! Found this thread after many attempts to apply Format rules. I’m also using animated gifs in the onboarding screen as a tutorial. Would love to have a little more room in the image height to for the viewer to see detail. screen shots are vertical in nature and 600px height limit really shrinks the width.

Also would like to center the text…while I’m asking…

Agreed @Mike_T

I have raised the issue of the image size previously in the onboarding.

As this is an introduction to the app would be very helpful for users to see the images.

In short, I think the whole onboarding should be a responsive design which is what google are advocating.

@lizlynch, this unfortunate constraint ought to be detailed in the following articles:

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have added notes to the sections suggested by @dbaum . I will also share this thread with the AppSheet team.

Thanks all!

Top Labels in this Space