Can i change the 'There is a row already with...

Can i change the ‘There is a row already with the key…’ message? We’re collecting catalogue requests and I want to tell them we already have them recorded, but in a more customer friendly way.

0 7 444
7 REPLIES 7

I’m afraid you don’t have control for that, but you could create your own Valid error message.

@Aleksi_Alkio They key is hidden, it’s the account code and postcode. I put an error message on the key column, but it doesnt show, I guess because the column is hidden. Can i put an error message on another column, which checks the key column for duplicates, or just for an error?

Yes, you can use another visible column for that purpose as well.

Or… you can add an additional Show type column for this purpose.

@Aleksi_Alkio I can’t work out the expression though, to show if the key is invalid

Please check this article how you can prevent duplicate values… help.appsheet.com - List Expressions and Aggregates List Expressions and Aggregates help.appsheet.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks. I couldn’t get that to work, but it showed me another way. I made a list of the keys that matched the row and counted them, then showed another column based on that. I wonder if that’s what the expression that was on that page was doing in a single column and I just couldn’t make it work

Top Labels in this Space