Can i change the 'There is a row already with...

(Simon Bailey) #1

Can i change the ‘There is a row already with the key…’ message? We’re collecting catalogue requests and I want to tell them we already have them recorded, but in a more customer friendly way.

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

I’m afraid you don’t have control for that, but you could create your own Valid error message.

(Simon Bailey) #3

@Aleksi_Alkio They key is hidden, it’s the account code and postcode. I put an error message on the key column, but it doesnt show, I guess because the column is hidden. Can i put an error message on another column, which checks the key column for duplicates, or just for an error?

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

Yes, you can use another visible column for that purpose as well.

(Aleksi Alkio) #5

Or… you can add an additional Show type column for this purpose.

(Simon Bailey) #6

@Aleksi_Alkio I can’t work out the expression though, to show if the key is invalid

(Aleksi Alkio) #7

Please check this article how you can prevent duplicate values… help.appsheet.com - List Expressions and Aggregates List Expressions and Aggregates help.appsheet.com

(Simon Bailey) #8

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks. I couldn’t get that to work, but it showed me another way. I made a list of the keys that matched the row and counted them, then showed another column based on that. I wonder if that’s what the expression that was on that page was doing in a single column and I just couldn’t make it work :slight_smile: