Can I create a Tabbed Form View with Save instead of Next?

I want to create a form whereby some fields are displayed on one tab and the rest on another. That’s easy to do but the first tab has a NEXT button at the bottom instead of a SAVE Button. Can that be done somehow?

Something like this:

I just create a test with Show? condition of the rest of column of Second tab with ISBLANK([Name])
Something similar should be doable based on your needs.

1 Like

Yes , this can be done at page level itself.

In the Show_if constraint of show type column of a page_header category type, you can include a suitable show_if constraint. This one constraint will hide or show the entire page.

In the example below ,the show_if constraint in the show column “Page 2 Header” is based on the answer to the question of the column on previous page, “Go to next page?”

Edit: This is explained the article below

4 Likes

Hi @Griff! I haven’t tried this before, but your question gave me an idea. :grin:

Try using the Form View>Behavior>Form Saved Action to redirect the user to the next part of the form when they click SAVE.

If all the questions on Page 2 are hidden, the Form button will automatically say SAVE instead of NEXT.

So hide Page2 until they click save, then use a LINKTOROW() action on form-save to bring them right back to the same form.

But how do you unhide Page 2 on the second opening? Add a hidden column that gets auto-filled by an action/workflow AFTER Page1 gets saved, and make this column the hide condition for Page2!

So Page1 form-save action would trigger:
Save Page1 user-input
Form-Save Action (Group)
-Set hidden column to unhide Page2
-LINKTOROW() to reopen form

I think it’s going to return them to Page1 still, but it will actually be saved, and the button on Page1 will have changed to NEXT.

Again, I haven’t tested this. Just an idea. Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think this will skip the SAVE part on Page1 though, and just change the button to NEXT when you allow Page2. I think @Griff was looking for a way to SAVE the form half way through without it closing so the user can continue to Page2 after saving.

@Griff if you don’t need to save mid-form, then @Suvrutt_Gurjar’s suggestion would be much easier.

1 Like

Hi @GreenFlux,

I believe, if required fields on the page 1 are marked so, even if the user navigates to the page 2, he will not be able to save the form without filling in the page 1 mandatory fields. If the fields are not mandatory, it may not matter going to page 2 without filling in page 1 fields?

May be I am missing your point.

1 Like

I was assuming Page1 would always be filled in first, and then saved, which would unlock the columns in Page2. You are correct that this would not work out of sequence.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement - busy week.
Thanks for your comments and explanations. Suvrutt, your explanation was great. I have made it a section break at the moment but will change to Page Header when I am ready to publish the finished app

4 Likes