Can I do this formula in Appsheet? trunc(vloo...

Can I do this formula in Appsheet? trunc(vlookup(RC[-2],Inv!R3C2:R6C8,7,false)*RC[-1]/Inv!R[1]C9)

0 19 980
19 REPLIES 19

Cubyl

This is a spreadsheet formula not appsheet formula

@Cubyl yes it is, but, Can I apply it to appsheet?

Cubyl

In a spreadsheet formula but only for update or add new row. Inside of the property of the column you have in the last bottom editor, spreadsheet formula and you can insert there

Cubyl

You need to use ; not ,

Spreadsheet formulas in Europe use ;, but in the US the use the comma instead.

+Javier Coronel, no we have not implemented trunc and vlookup. And the RC format doesnโ€™t make sense in AppSheet. However, you can do something similar with app formulas.

How do you do something similar to a vlookup in the appsheet columns?
I want some of the fields in my โ€œClientโ€ sheet, to show in my โ€œJobsโ€ sheet, such as phone and address. Iโ€™d like to do it with virtual columns. I cannot figure how.
Iโ€™m currently using vlookup in the sheets themselves but itโ€™s very cumbersome to set up.
Thanks for your input

I would assume that you โ€œJobโ€ table would have a column ([Client] ?), that refs to the โ€œClientโ€ table. In such a case, a dereference expression would be more suitable. That would be as easy as [Client].[phone] or [Client].[address]. The part after the period is the name of a column in the โ€œClientโ€ table.

This made sense and I was hoping it would work but it only gave an error.

Which was?

It only said that it returned an error but nothing specific on what the error wasโ€ฆ
I believe I had my reference set wrong. I made an adjustment and this is working as I hopedโ€ฆthank you for sticking with me and for your patience and help

@praveen ok, If you say that it is possible, the it is possible, thanks. If there is a sample app that use something silir please let me know, thanks in advance

@Stephens_Utilities Instead of using VLOOKUP(), you can use LOOKUP(). Please check this articleโ€ฆ

Yes, LOOKUP() in a virtual column is perfectly suited to your use case

This didnt do anything. It didnt return any data.

@Stephens_Utilities are you sure you are using it right? This article has some examples โ€ฆ https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357309-lookup

No sir, Iโ€™m not sure I was using it right.
I was able to then the dereference to work though.
You have been most helpful thank you!

If the derefence expression gives you no data, it is because the ref value isnโ€™t actually a key in the other table.

It appears the option to mark a column type to โ€œkeyโ€ is gone now.

Iโ€™m sorry, must have been a glitch, I see the key toggle now

Top Labels in this Space