Can I get times input using GPS

Hello,

I am not sure whether this can be possible with AppSheet but I got to ask anyway.

Is there any way to get the time automatically through GPS once the user get to the point of reference.

With my app, Iโ€™m trying to collect the arrival time of my drivers when they get to the load site. Right now this is done manually by them but Iโ€™m having a bit of trouble with the data because they are not typing the times in the right way like for example typing PM when it is supposed to be AM or typing the Arrival time on the Final time. So it would be ideal if this can be done automatically with the GPS once they get to the load point. Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 1 285
1 REPLY 1

@Alejandra_Petro
You can use UTCNOW() expression in the initial value property and set the Editable property to FALSE so that users canโ€™t play with it. It will not be a GPS time reference but a time reference as per UTC from the AppSheet server. For sure itโ€™s possible to read GPS time from location by using some web-services, JS libraries and external APIs but it will need Google Apps Script and webhook integration if itโ€™s so crucial for your app to read an exact time value other than the UTC.

Top Labels in this Space