Can I use appsheet to automatically calculate...

Can I use appsheet to automatically calculate mileage based on two address locations? if so, any guidance?

0 9 2,220
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunately only with LatLong values.

i have those too

i have a sheet with columns: Location Name, Addess, Latitude, Longitude

I also have a form for Date, Start Location, End Location, and hopefully an autocalculated milage between the two.

Right now, the start and end named are selected by enum. Iโ€™m not sure how to connect all of it for a route/mileage calculationโ€ฆ

Justin, we have a function to compute distance between two points (as the crow flies). But you need road distance. For that, youโ€™re going to need to use an external service (like Google Maps API). You might have to figure out how to integrate that into a spreadsheet formula. Eg: http://www.gadgetsappshacks.com/2014/02/calculating-distance-between-two.html

Got it. Worked perfect! Thanks for your help

Hi
Im trying the same thing i think, and i have the matrix in google sheets. How do i convert it to something appsheet can read? Lets say i want a distance between point A and point E, do i need to copy the matrix into columns or is there a formula that gets the row and column?

Iโ€™m sure this is a bit late, but I created a script in google sheets following this information

This created a custom google sheets function, and then in appsheets I used the autocompute function that enables a spreadsheet formula. Works like a charm, not need for long lat, and it gives me driving distance.

The downside being the computed driving distance isnโ€™t available until a sync occurs.

Yep, thatโ€™s is a problem, but itโ€™s fine for my application. Any idea when you all will have google maps functionality built in? Iโ€™d rather you all just have a function I can use in appsheet to solve this.
Thanks for the great product! Iโ€™ve been building pretty neat stuff

Top Labels in this Space