Can not view signature images in another app

I have two apps (App_A, App_B) that share the same table. The table has a signature column. When a row is created in App_A, the signature image is stored, on google drive, in /appsheet/data/App_A/my_table_images/. The filepath that is stored in the table, for a signature image, is of the form โ€œmy_table_images/my_signature.pngโ€. These load fine in App_A because appsheet knows to look in โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_A/โ€ for the image.

The problem is that the signatures do not load in App_B. I just see the โ€˜file not foundโ€™ triangle. I assume this is because the app is looking for an image here: โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_B/my_table_images/my_signature.pngโ€. App_B does not know that it should be looking in โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_A/โ€

I tried changing the โ€œImage/File folder pathโ€ setting of the signature column to these values: โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_B/โ€, โ€œ/data/App_B/โ€, โ€œ/App_B/โ€, but none of those options work.

Does anyone know what I should do?

0 4 435
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

@Daniel_Turner

Iโ€™m not check it right now, but I throught it might have something to do with the security option setting.

Chenged the Secure Image access or Require image and file url signing in App_A may change the result.

Sorry for ther uncertainty information, but I hope you can give it a try.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem.

Hi @Daniel_Turner The โ€œImage/File folder pathโ€ must always be relative to the location of the spreadsheet. So you need to have the image folder in both places: โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_A/โ€ and โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_B/โ€. If you are using Google Drive you can solve it this way:

• Select the image folder in โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_A/โ€
  • Hit Shift + Z
  • Select the folder โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_B/โ€ and hit โ€œAddโ€

Now you have the same folder in two places. This is not a copy - itโ€™s called multi parenting.

Info: Right click on the image folder and select โ€œAdd shortcut to Driveโ€ does not do the job.

Alternative: Under Info > Properties > Default app folder you could paste the same path from App_A to App_B. I think this should solve your problem, two. Then all files are in โ€œ/appsheet/data/App_A/โ€.

If you are using the google drive folder, just create a shortcut of the application image folder A (where you capture the images) inside the application folder B (where you want to display the images).

Top Labels in this Space