Can we trigger workflow after multiple update?

Hi,

I want to ask regarding triggering workflow multiple times.

Can we actually trigger the workflow after multiple update?

For example:

I want to trigger the workflow after user click “Yes” .

after that, when user edit the form and change their input multiple times, if “Yes” chosen again, i want the workflow to be triggered again.

can we actually do that?

Solved Solved
0 7 336
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can do that. Add a condition rule like AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=“Yes”,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]). You would also need to think how you are going to change it’s value after the Workflow is sent. If you don’t change it to something than “Yes”, it doesn’t trigger the Workflow anymore.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes you can do that. Add a condition rule like AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=“Yes”,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]). You would also need to think how you are going to change it’s value after the Workflow is sent. If you don’t change it to something than “Yes”, it doesn’t trigger the Workflow anymore.

If the input was enum, which is only yes or no.

For the first time, The input is “Yes”, and the workflow is triggered. Then, they edit the input to “No.”

If i put the condition as you mentioned, “AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=“Yes”,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column])”

If they put the input back to “Yes” , will it trigger back the workflow?

please correct me if i’m wrong.

Yes it will tirigger the Workflow because both statements are then TRUE. When they choose “No”, the first statement is FALSE and the Workflow is not triggered.

Just for verification, in the database, it will hold the latest value of the column, isn’t it?

Correct

Thanks Aleksi, I’ve managed to trigger the workflow. Thanks a lot for your guidance and help !

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space