Can you enter a number in one form and have i...

Can you enter a number in one form and have it automatically show up in a column on another table?

In a sense be copied to the other table/column upon entry?

0 8 360
8 REPLIES 8

Yes, you can do it a few different waysโ€ฆ You can have an โ€œOn-Saveโ€ action that basically doubles back after you save the form to run a data change action. You can also have a virtual column that displays the info, but it wonโ€™t be available in the backend.

@Grant_Stead What formula would you use as the copy expression?

For the virtual column? Also, is the table to table relationship intact? i.e. a REF column from the child table to the parent table. Hook me up with some table names and column names

The child table name to enter the form is Weight Record. The column is Weight Entry. The parent table is Pigs, the column for the copied number to go in is Current Weight. Pig name is the ref column.

In Weight Record table, Entry ID is the key column & in the Pigs table Pig name is the key.

Whichever is the best so that when viewing pig details you can see the number that represents Current Weight is what Iโ€™m looking for.

And it has to apply to the certain matching Pig Name.

@Grant_Stead thanks for your help. See my above reply

@Kelly_VanAusdall it sounds like youโ€™re looking for a standard select formulaโ€ฆ So, in the parent table you want the โ€œmost recentโ€ weigh inโ€ฆ So create a virtual columnโ€ฆ With a maxrow formulaโ€ฆ

Soโ€ฆ Take a look at this articleโ€ฆ You should be able to find the maxrow of the weigh-in table where the [pigname]=[_THISROW] then derefference into that for the current weightโ€ฆ

See if you can make sense of all that. If you need a little more help, just post back! Good luck!

help.appsheet.com - List Expressions and Aggregates List Expressions and Aggregates help.appsheet.com

How to roundup my photos

Top Labels in this Space