😔 Can you please turn back on the ability to create workflows and reports?

WHERE DO I BUY THAT SHIRT YOU HAVE ON IN THE VIDEO?

appsheet just let me post this why does the forum not think where do i buy that shirt is not a complete sentence?

3 Likes

:joy: Thanks! I’ve got a few of them…
https://multitech-merch.creator-spring.com

3 Likes

Hi,

I copied an APP with workflow rules and the new APP is not working. I tried to tell in this topic.

[https://community.appsheet.com/t/copied-apps-workflow-issue/49443](Copied APP's Workflow issue)

Based on this, BOTS may be identical but the operation as a whole is not identical.

I think creators need some more time to switch to BOTS.
Can you please at least let the copied APP’s workflows work?

Workflows in copied apps will work.

What you experienced is a bug that when cloning the App Events that are not used by a Bot are not assigned an Id and that is causing issues with the cloned App. A fix for that that will be rolled out, until then if you clone an app that has unused events, please connect them to a bot or delete them as a workaround.

4 Likes

@tsuji_koichi I agree entirely.

Rather than developers trying to introduce new shiny toys all the time, the emphasis should be in maintaining backward compatibility especially when people have invested thousands of hours in developing apps using appsheet.

There always seems a drive in this industry to make things more and more complicated rather than more and more simple!

5 Likes

@Austin_Lambeth We are spending a lot of effort to simplify the concepts and remove any friction introduced by the added functionality, would it be possible to schedule a short call with you in order to get your feedback?

Thanks

2 Likes

We are currently very busy and I think my feedback can be summed up pretty quickly. I think the design is ok and fine; other than seeming excessive naming on every little part and the duplicate task part which in my case really screwed me since they look identical yet the : task is from a long time ago and the _ is pretty recent so my workflows tasks had changed in that time span and it cause me some major issues when I switched to bots.

I think the friction is coming from thing not working or not seeming to work when the “exact” same thing worked in workflows. There are countless posts now about report not sending, emails not sending, emails duplicating, webhooks not firing, etc. As someone who regularly stalks the forum, I know that you have to put all of these posts through the user error filter but I see them from new user’s first posts to veterans that I can except to have gone through checking formulas, spam inboxes, etc. And I see these posts resolved and confirmed by the user but the issue shows back up two weeks later from someone else. I didn’t have this constant worry every time a workflow needed to trigger and that’s there with bots whether or not its warranted.

5 Likes

I agree.

3 Likes

Absolutely spot on

5 Likes

I would also like to follow-up with a clarification. I love new features and greatly appreciate the attempts at even better automation than we previously had via workflows. But, every time something breaks or doesn’t work as expected we get hammered by our users who don’t understand why something that previously worked fine is now broken. Stability and performance is necessarily more important than new features, especially when most users are using the software for business.

Add in long delays in replies from Support and you end up with devs (us) who have little control over their issues but are still getting blasted daily by users who expect resolution quickly.

6 Likes

This.

5 Likes

Yep. I’m fine getting grilled cause I broke a workflow by messing with it to get better performance, I’m not fine getting grilled because the app I haven’t touched in 2 months is suddenly not working in a major capacity and I have no personal ability to fix it.

I think maybe a separation of feature rollouts to the different tiered Premium users might be in order. As an Enterprise user, I don’t want fancy new features or changes at the whim of Appsheet. I need a rock solid platform that does what it has already been doing.

8 Likes

This.

This is already a thing, but it’s not very well communicated

• Like I know I have a corporate client of mine on a stable version (or whatever it’s called)
    • These people don’t get anything new until it’s everywhere
2 Likes

I echo the same.

3 Likes