Cannot compare list to datetime

HI I am trying to add an expression to a format rule in order change the font color according to recent data updates using timestamp / datetime column from a different table, the result being the font of the main column value is a different color if there have been updates in the last 2 days. I keep getting a โ€œcannot compare list to datetimeโ€ - I tried a virtual table but no dice. Any ideas would be helpful!

TABLE2[Timestamp] >= (NOW() +2)

0 6 905
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Timestamp column of which row in TABLE2 should the expression be using?

Hey Steve -
Should use the โ€œEventโ€ row (which is also the key for TABLE2)

Thanks

I know virtually nothing about your app or how your data is structured. What is โ€œthe โ€˜Eventโ€™ rowโ€?

Basically if a new comment is left on a particular โ€œeventโ€ from TABLE1 within the last 2 days, the font color of the โ€œeventโ€ value will be different. In TABLE2 there is a different "eventโ€™ row which references TABLE1. Comments are left per event with a timestamp in TABLE2 - so when viewing TABLE1 โ€œeventsโ€ with new comments will be a different color - so TABLE2[Timestamp] >= (NOW() +2)
Do I need to do a SELECT([event] = [_THISROW] expression as well?

Thanks much!

My interpretation of your situation is this:

• TABLE1 contains the events. This is a โ€œparentโ€ table.

• TABLE2 contains comments about events in TABLE1. This is a โ€œchildโ€ table.

• When an event (described by a row in TABLE1) has comments (in TABLE2) with a timestamp within the last two days, the event should be highlighted (โ€œthe font color โ€ฆ will be differentโ€) when displayed.

Try:

ISNOTBLANK(
  SELECT(
    [Related TABLE2s][_ROWNUMBER],
    ([Timestamp] > (TODAY() - 2))
  )
)

Thatโ€™s it. Super. I need to look into the ISNOTBLANK expression.

Thanks thanks!

Top Labels in this Space