Cannot delete system views at all. I've rena...

Cannot delete system views at all.

I’ve renamed my tables,and would like the system views renamed accordingly, but when I click Are you sure?, nothing happens. This is a change in behavior. This is a bug. This bug is preventing me from applying my established development practices.

0 8 1,043
8 REPLIES 8

Even after deleting the table to which the views are attached. This bug is now preventing development.

After removing the only table, created a new view unattached to any table. Surprisingly, the workbench allowed that! When the SAVE completed, the view was attached to _Per user settings (or something like that). I was then able to delete that view–and all the other views! Broken, broken, broken!

Seems like the app editor ended up in some bad state. Any chance you can give us the repro steps?

I tested this also. I changed the table name and after saving, the system view name was still the old one. I deleted both system views like _Detail and _Form. After that the app created two new views automatically with the new name.

@Aleksi_Alkio, do you mind sending me the repro steps (I didn’t quite understand). Should be easy to fix. Thanks

#1 - I changed the table name and saved #2 - It didn’t change system view names #3 - I deleted these two system views and saved #4 - The app created new system views with new table names automatically

I did exactly what @Aleksi_Alkio listed and it didn’t work–initially. See followup above to see how I fixed it. This problem has occurred before, but took more effort to get past this time. @praveen

Here I am almost 2 years later having the same issue. Was this ever fixed?

I’m not happy with the default system view behaviour but can’t delete it.
In the past my custom view would automatically take precedence over the system but no longer.
In particular I want to be able to use slice data for the view.
But the system view defaults to the original table.

Help!

Figured it out. I needed to redirect to the slice in the data > Column

Top Labels in this Space