Cannot delete system views at all. I've rena...

(Steven Coile) #1

Cannot delete system views at all.

I’ve renamed my tables,and would like the system views renamed accordingly, but when I click Are you sure?, nothing happens. This is a change in behavior. This is a bug. This bug is preventing me from applying my established development practices.

(Steven Coile) #2

Even after deleting the table to which the views are attached. This bug is now preventing development.

(Steven Coile) #3

After removing the only table, created a new view unattached to any table. Surprisingly, the workbench allowed that! When the SAVE completed, the view was attached to _Per user settings (or something like that). I was then able to delete that view–and all the other views! Broken, broken, broken!

(Praveen Seshadri (AppSheet)) #4

Seems like the app editor ended up in some bad state. Any chance you can give us the repro steps?

(Aleksi Alkio) #5

I tested this also. I changed the table name and after saving, the system view name was still the old one. I deleted both system views like _Detail and _Form. After that the app created two new views automatically with the new name.

(Praveen Seshadri (AppSheet)) #6

@Aleksi_Alkio, do you mind sending me the repro steps (I didn’t quite understand). Should be easy to fix. Thanks

(Aleksi Alkio) #7

#1 - I changed the table name and saved #2 - It didn’t change system view names #3 - I deleted these two system views and saved #4 - The app created new system views with new table names automatically

(Steven Coile) #8

I did exactly what @Aleksi_Alkio listed and it didn’t work–initially. See followup above to see how I fixed it. This problem has occurred before, but took more effort to get past this time. @praveen