Cannot open file from Google Drive

perissf
Participant V

Hi,
I get “Bad Request” when I try to open a PDF file from my Google Drive. I’ve checked that the file name and path match.
The file has been generated by the same appsheet app, therefore I assume that Appsheet is able to connect to the drive folder.
My Default ap folder is: /appsheet/data/ManyToMany-2259915
The google account (mine) used for building and accessing the app is the same used for storing the data (Google Sheets) and the same account is also the owner of the Google Drive used for storing the PDF files.

Google Drive:

Action:
3X_0_7_07f64e3a5fa8e2fb402895ab8690f35839e2428b.png

File Formula (in the action):

Test for the Formula:

Path of the loaded web page showing Bad Request:
(final part)
i5wZGY=&n=%2Fappsheet%2Fdata%2FManyToMany-2259915%2FFiles%2FManyToMany_497ae4b6.pdf

Solved Solved
0 3 1,657
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

perissf
Participant V

Thanks to the official AppSheet support, I solved the issue after creating a virtual column of type “File”, named PDF File, holding the complete path + file name, and in the Open PDF action I replaced the formula with this: [PDF File].

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

perissf
Participant V

Thanks to the official AppSheet support, I solved the issue after creating a virtual column of type “File”, named PDF File, holding the complete path + file name, and in the Open PDF action I replaced the formula with this: [PDF File].

Thanks
I hade the same issue
then when i add A virtual Column and I test it worked but when i use the action like this:
CONCATENATE([Path Name],[File Name],".pdf")
its not working only when i set the action to VC that have the same code above
and
ENCODEURL(CONCATENATE([Path Name],[File Name],".pdf")) Also Not Working
Only to attach to the Virtual Column
Thanks Again

Ben_Systems
Participant II

It doesn’t work when my data sheets or saved in OneDrive, only when I copy the pdf in OneDrive with the correct file file path its working to open a file in OneDrive
My Problem is that the Pdf is saved in google drive and the Open File Action go to one drive could any suggest how to fix that?

Top Labels in this Space