Cannot view docx files after uploading to file column

I have created an app to collected quotations.

I am facing problem were I cannot view the MS word files were i can view pdf files which i have already attached and uploaded in the [FILE] column.

When i click on the attached file the screen goes completely white in a mobile. On a desktop when i click the attached file the computer downloads that files.

Is there a solution to view the files.

0 13 626
13 REPLIES 13

Is there no solution to this problem were i cannot view in mobile the word or excel files which uploaded on the app.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

I had send repeated mails but there seems no reply

TDhers

HI Lisie,
Can you please confirm which email you sent from? The last communication we have received from your gmail account is 2 years ago.
Iโ€™m happy to look for it and dig to understand why you have not received an answer and make sure you do.
Thank you for your help Lisie.

Thierry

Dear Thierry

My email. id is lisietrust@gmail.com. My question was as below as i was facing an issue after building an app

I have created an app to collect quotations.

I am facing a problem where I cannot view the MS word files whereas I can view pdf files which i have already attached and uploaded in the [FILE] column.

When I click on the attached file the screen goes completely white in a mobile. On a desktop when I click the attached file. The computer downloads that file.

Is there a solution to view the files in mobile?

regards

Hi Lisie, unfortunately we couldnโ€™t find any post from you with your email address from our ticketing system. Letโ€™s try to solve your issue here. Are you seeing this with Android or iOS or with both?

HI Aleksi,
I am having this problem with Adroid. I have tried with different phones but facing the same issue

Lisie, are you able to open the Word file directly (not from the App itself)?

Hi Aleksi,
Yes i can open the file in desktop and i can download the file.

The problem arises when I or someone else uses Adroid phone. When we click the link the screen goes completely blank no response. I have also downloaded and installed the word app from plays store.

Soโ€ฆ you are able to open the Word file from you Android if you open it directly without Appsheet app?

yes i can open the word file without Appsheet app

Okay thanks, I will discuss with our devs later today.

Hi I have similar issue, I think. I have a column with clickable URL. URL is compoesed by formula and provides link to google drive. I can onpen the link from with appsheet app on desktop chrome and on iphone, but I canโ€™t open it on any android phone. Iโ€™ve tried 2 phones - Huawei Honor 9 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S, with 2 different accounts, one of which is an app creator account, but same problem. The problem looks following :when I click on ation button to open the link the message appears โ€œdownloading pdfโ€ with a progress bar. After a short while it turns red showing โ€œError downloading PDFโ€ - make sure the url points to a PDF file, and you are connected to the internet. Yes I am connected to internet and yes it points to PDF file, because Iโ€™ve just clicked same button on my desktop and on iPhone and it opens a PDF from a google drive. Could you please look into it? I will also send this message to support.

Top Labels in this Space