Can't copy app Hi, I am working on a prototy...

Can’t copy app

Hi, I am working on a prototype app (free version). When I attempt to copy the app I get an error message that says the upload is too large. Is there a file size limit when making a copy of an app? Do I need to upgrade to a paid version? I was able to make a copy previously but I have since added data to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 7 629
7 REPLIES 7

+David Charlon

Can you tell us the exact error message?

Upgrading to paid will make no difference. The same size limits apply whether paid or unpaid. We are consistent to allow you to do development and testing of your app.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Here is what shows up on the screen when I try to copy the app from “My Apps” page. It does create the associated folders in google drive, but the sheets are blank.

Normally the reason while you are trying to copy the app, is the error stage in your source app but in this case it wasn’t the reason.

So how do I address it? Should I delete the data I put in?

+David Charlon

I will use the debugger to see if I can find the source of the problem. That may take a few hours.

+David Charlon

The error is occurring when we attempt to copy your Google Sheets Workbook called “TESTPrototype-681042/Goals.gsheet”. That workbook contains 3.6 MB of data.

When we attempt to write the Google Sheet to Google Drive, Google returns the error “The remote server returned an error: (413) Request Entity Too Large.”

I am not sure why Google Drive is returning this error. Is it possible that you are encountering a data storage limit on Google Drive?

Does “Goals.gsheet” contain worksheets that you are not using in your application? If so, you might try removing those worksheets from the workbook or moving them to another workbook. That may reduce the total size of the “Goals.gsheet” workbook and allow the copy to succeed.

We shouldn’t be near our storage limit on drive, but I will double check. There are two worksheets that are not being used in the app. They don’t contain much data but I can remove them and see if that solves the problem. All of the input data in the worksheets right now is there strictly for testing purposes and can be removed, with the exception of one decent sized lookup table.

Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

Top Labels in this Space