Can't Save Show If Formulas!?!?!

I was wondering why the show if formula I put on some columns weren’t there… then I tried adding them again, only to find they aren’t saving.

I can confirm that this is true, becuase in the process of making that screen recording I went though that same process about 4 times… each time the formula is NOT saved.

@Aleksi

Seems limited to this one app.

0 14 380
14 REPLIES 14

One quick thing did you try adding this formula through clicking the edit on the left of the column name and then adding it?
3X_3_4_3416fd2638f656b6f23dfc20183baa928fb94b0e.png

Negative, I used the ability to edit the show if formula “inline” - not sure how to call that.

Just tried it though… same thing.

Tried to add show ifs to other columns in the same table and different tables?

Good call… it seems it’s limited to that table. Weird…

Try to regenerate the structure.

Seems its limited to these specific columns. @Adam you might wanna know about this…

When I was adding these column in question, they are derivative columns based on others in the same table.
When I was creating them, the system (meaning the editor) automatically copied the show-if formula that I had on the originating column onto the new derivative - which was awesome!
That was exactly what I was gonna do anyways… yet when I saved, the changes weren’t saved.

Now it seems I can’t make any modifications to those column show if formulas.

I just thought I would point out the auto-formula import - I’m assuming that was some “intelligence” of the platform seeing a repetitive task, that someone at AppSheet setup an automation for to cut steps out.

I’ve encountered something similar to this before as well but for the editable formula on a virtual column which does nothing. Was very annoying.

Amen.

And my clients wonder why I never seem to make any progress on projects… always in a prepetual state of waiting for the exterminators (so to speak).

Okay… so I can turn the visibility off/on - but I can’t add a formula.

I’ve sent in like 10 reports a month to the exterminators for a while now. Some small some devastating. Generally they’re fast to the job.

Thankfully, they’ve always been really quick to fix things. Quite unprecedentedly, as well.

To be fair, the type of people most of us are… they can never anticipate everything we throw at them, either.

I would like to point out that these columns are List columns - there seems to be a pervasive bug with show if formulas and list column types right now.

Man… 11 days I posted this. Just circled round to working on this app again, ran right into the same problem.

wtf.

Top Labels in this Space