Cant use computed keys

I am unable to perform simple actions across tables where computed keys are in use. I have isolated this part of my process to make testing easier. The action is looking to update a column in the returned record, so there should be no issues of the action trying to add a duplicate key. In the case of the LOOKUP event, it passes a blank key value when a composite key is used.

Error when using an ADD process input:

Error when using a LOOKUP process input:

โ€œThe record will be retrieved using the primary key. Any additional columns will be used to update the recordโ€. - Okay, but it wonโ€™t let me select the composite column as an inputโ€ฆ

If I remove the composite key, then everything works fine. This wouldnโ€™t be a long-term option in my use caseโ€ฆ

1 10 404
10 REPLIES 10

@prithpal I think @Jonathon here is really stretching the bots legs. Weโ€™re finding quite a lot of gapsโ€ฆ

FWIW: the workaround for now was to make the virtual _ComputedKey column a physical columnโ€ฆ

Everything works now.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Composite keys arenโ€™t supported for lookup currently. We will update the documentation to make it clear.

Add varb is also not supporting computed_key as well?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Not sure I understand your point, computed_keys are computed, how would you enter those?

You said when we pick up look up as process input then computed key is not able to use to select a single row. So I simply ask led what is going to happen to the ADD as process input

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Updated the help article. Can you please take a look and let me know if the example clarifies the answer to your question?

Update is given to clarify to โ€œComputed_Keyโ€ is not be used for process input? or something like that? but i could not locate the word of computed_key in this document.
So not sure what was updated actually.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Fixed.

Based on this latest doc, I understand only non-computed key is supported for LOOKUP, but non-computed_key IS supported for ADD, am I correct?

Top Labels in this Space