Can't view PDF files on iPhone... ask me to Download them!

Hi Community:
I am struggling with a problem that I cannot understand. I have created an app that generates a PDF report of work orders, it works quite well, or rather it worked quite well until yesterday, since it does not allow me to see the PDF files generated via workflow.
I have made several apps that generate PDF files that can be perfectly visualized both on mobile phones and on desktop PCs, that is, I have proven that it works very well regardless of the device or platform that the users use.
The problem now: on mobile devices, it does not allow me to โ€œviewโ€ the PDF files and forces me to โ€œdownloadโ€ them on my mobile or tablet. Is this normal?

The PDF file is generated correctly!!!, it is saved at destination folder and can be viewed ONLY from the desktop app.

To fix it, I have tried:

1. Check the โ€œAutomationโ€ procedure to create โ€œbotโ€ (OK)
  2. Check the paths to save the file (PDF) (OK)
  3. Review security options (OK)
  4. Reinstall the PDF reader application on the mobile and tablet (OK)
  5. Check the app cache (OK)

Worst of all, I tried the app on another iPhone and it works perfectly. I feel lost in the actions that I must follow.
Anyone with any ideas that can solve this issue?

Thank you.

0 7 1,361
7 REPLIES 7

I have the smiliar problem.
After this message, I click โ€œOKโ€. Then the pdf is opened but can not take any actionโ€ฆ I can not share, I can not print and can not close the view and return to Appsheet.

I must close Appsheet app and open it againโ€ฆ
This is the only thing I can click (It means โ€œOKโ€) but no response

Hello @mustafa ,

That happens to me, did you manage to know why? did you find any solution?

Greetings and thanks

I removed the (localization) translation and it works.

do you mean this one?

No

Go to
UX > Localize > Customize System Text
remove the translation

Empty This

It worked โ€ฆ thank you very much @mustafa

Hi every one, after searching a lot on the web, I found the solution:
The File (Myproject.gsheet) must be in the directory of the project. For instance:
If your project is in /MyNewProject folder, put the googlesheet in the same folder /MyNewProject/MyProject.gsheet
When we create a new project we must set de default folder for the new project, by default Appsheet create it under /appsheet/YourNewProject folderโ€ฆ so, go to:
Infoโ€“>Propertiesโ€“>Default app Folder and set the folder youโ€™ll use for your project.

Just do it, logout, login again and ready to use.

hope this tip helps you guys.

Demonio.

Top Labels in this Space