Capture Email Login in Public App

Chriss

Hi Appsheet team,

I have a public app. Is it possible for me to collect the emails (as some of them login to gmail)? I can ask for them to write but I thought its already captured someway when we login.

Thank you,
Chris

0 6 1,131
6 REPLIES 6

@Chriss
As by its nature, the app is โ€œpublicโ€ so thereโ€™s no way to retrieve the userโ€™s identity in any way.

Hi Levent,

Noted for the reply. CMIIW but people will at least need to log in to appsheet using their google account right? so can we collect that info automatically?

This is an example of the public app loginโ€ฆ

Thank you,
Chris

Probably confusion over the terms of โ€œPUBLIC APPโ€.

When app creator set up app โ€œRequire user signin?โ€ as NO, then it turns to be PUBLIC app. When anyone has access to APP url, they can access to the app contents and will never be asked for any credential for log in stuffs.

Through the screenshot you placed here, it is obvious that you set up your app, requires sign in, which mean it is private app, not Public app.

As Levent stated, there is no native way to collect users information when we release app as PUBLIC ones, unless we place some tricks, but all depending on what you want to do and achieve.

I dont have non-public apps, never tried to pay per user.

Thats why iโ€™m asking, despite having the โ€œrequire user signinโ€ checked as no, appsheet still prompts to have google logins (These screenshots are from downloading public apps, on some android phones, not all). Hence am wondering if that is captured by Appsheet, say, from playstore downloads.

Such an odd behavior we need to call for assistance by emailing to support@appsheet.com

Apologize for any confusion I raised here, but even after you set app no sign In required but still app is asking for credential , something goes wrong on appsheet platform.

I have a public app that people enter via a link or url and I also have some users registered as admins, how can I condition views to people who enter from a link? Could it be that people who enter from a link do not have access to see some views?

Top Labels in this Space