Card view editor disappearing when clicking on the Subheader field

Hi Appsheet,

On the UX view definition of a card, when clicking on Subheader, the builder editor disappears.

Anyone has the same issue?

Thanks!

0 13 351
13 REPLIES 13

TDhers

@morgan can you please take a look at thisโ€ฆ

This one was noticed at the time Card view was introduced and I reported to support@appsheet.com but unfortunately it is looking still it persistsโ€ฆ

TDhers

Thank you Koichi and Alex. Morgan is out on vacation this week. I have asked Maria another of our Web editor engineer to look into it today . Stay tuned.
THierry

TDhers

HI Alex, do you mind opening a support ticket by sending your video and and text above at support@Appsheet.com. @macastan will take a look at it.
Thank you
Thierry

TDhers

Alex, Koichi or anyone in the community that is experiencing this issue, please open a support ticker so that we can look at your app and try to nail a repro. We are not able to repro it in house and that block our ability to trace the root cause and fix it. We are still investigating but we are a bit going at it blind now. So please whomever has a repro, shoot us a mail at support@appsheet.com and give us permission to look at your app. That will greatly augment our ability to resolve it fast.
Thank you
Thierry

I just sent, pleaes confirm you see my email.

I saw your ticket, but it looks like youโ€™re describing a completely different problem from the one in the original post of this thread? This thread is about the Card view, but the ticket you filed is talking about something missing in the Detail viewโ€ฆ I mighta thought it was a different problem but you link back to this thread.

At any rate, I tried out your app and couldnโ€™t repro the problemโ€ฆ

Sorry, I mixed up the issues around. I will send another email to support where you can see the exact same problem we discuss here on card view.

I just sent.

In the meantime, please keep the ticket for the issue I sent last night alive until they are fixedโ€ฆ even though it does not have direct connection with this issue ongoing with Card View.

TDhers

Thank you Koichi,
We will take a look at it in the morning for us (Itโ€™s 10PM right now)
Thierry

It took me a little while to track down the problem. It turns out there was a mismatch between the card viewโ€™s layout that was saved in the app and a newer version. There was some code in the editor that assumed that the saved layout had a particular property, and crashed when it did not. Luckily, that means there was no need to make any immediate code changes to fix this. If you encounter this bug, just reload the page, delete your faulty card view, and then make a new one identically to it.

In the meanwhile, 'll work with Morgan to make sure this sorta thing doesnโ€™t happen again!

Thank you @Joseph_Ryan . Should it work if I copy the UX view instead renaming the old one and creating a copy from scratch?
Should this be done on all old Card UX view?

I donโ€™t think it will work if you copy it using the โ€œCopyโ€ button, unfortunately. The problem is that an outdated layout is stored in the viewโ€™s definition, and so if you copy the view, the outdated layout just gets copied over too. Renaming the old view and then creating a copy from scratch should work fine though.

I donโ€™t think this hassle needs to be done on all old cards views, thankfully. I recommend that you only need to do this if clicking on a field of the card view crashes the editor. I say that because this is a very severe bug but we havenโ€™t heard very many reports of it happening across Appsheet, and why it was so difficult for us to reproduce it until we had access to an actual customerโ€™s app that was failing. That makes me think that this problem only occurs for unlucky users who had created their card view at some particular point in timeโ€ฆ but I canโ€™t say for sure. On the brighter side, your apps shouldnโ€™t be affected because this is an editor-only problem.

Weโ€™ll have a more permanent fix in sometime later.

Top Labels in this Space