Cascade update child data

I know that AppSheet has “Is a part of?” option which acts as cascade-delete to the selected child data. Is there option for cascade-update to child data?

Solved Solved
0 3 492
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What I mean is that when a key in parent table (which being referred by child tables) is changed, then all child tables having that key are changed accordingly.

I just realized that AppSheet does not allow changing the key columns once it’s saved. So, no way to have cascade-update feature (normally available on desktop DBMS).

This post is sadly closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Swoopy,

Are you referring to reference actions?

If so , please take a look at the sample app -
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-use-reference-actions?appGuidString=e76d2e73-...

What I mean is that when a key in parent table (which being referred by child tables) is changed, then all child tables having that key are changed accordingly.

I just realized that AppSheet does not allow changing the key columns once it’s saved. So, no way to have cascade-update feature (normally available on desktop DBMS).

This post is sadly closed.

Yes, thank you. now that you mentioned key column, your requirement is clear. And I also believe changing key column value is not possible for obvious reason. Earlier you had mentioned child data that is possible with reference actions.

Top Labels in this Space